Note: These guidelines exist in addition to the Declaration of Restrictions (DOR), which is the governing document that defines the founding principles and restrictions of the community. The DOR contains further requirements that may not be listed here.
- All landscape designs must be in good taste and consistent with existing landscape features
- Fences are restricted to inside the owner’s property line and easement area, and must meet the setback requirements according to the Columbus City Code. Property adjoining a street will have a minimum set back of 6 feet from the sidewalk in order to maintain a harmonious appearance with the surrounding landscape
- Fences must be constructed of wood, and are to stand a minimum of 40 inches and a maximum of 48 inches in height, Picket designs with a minimum 3/4″ gap between vertical pickets or rail designs are acceptable. Rail design fences may utitilize mesh screen to restrain pets, if applicable.
- No lot may be altered resulting in a change to the flow of water runoff or otherwise change the grade or slope
- No roof mounted or freestanding antennas permitted.
- Television or satellite dishes must be 39 inches or less in diameter and mounted on the back of the residence.
- Flagpoles are limited to 6 feet in length and must be mounted to the house.
- No permanent commercial signs permitted.
- No storage pads are permitted in the front or side of a residence.
- Driveways may not be widened beyond the width of the garage except for homes with one car garages. In those situations, and without disturbing curb access, driveways may be extended beyond the width of garage by a distance of no more than eight feet. Maintenance of City code restrictions of HOA approval is still required and Driveways must be constructed of concrete, blacktop, or paving stone.
- Curb trees must be consistent with the original installation
- No storage sheds of any kind are permitted. Trash containers must be stored inside the garage.
- No awnings are permitted in the front of a residence.
- No installation of permanent above ground swimming pools permitted.
- Basketball hoops are restricted to the driveway only.
- Decks, patios, and screened-in porches must be complimentary to the landscape and consistent with existing building material.
- Alterations and additions to residential buildings must be consistent with existing structure in design, material, and color. Windows, siding, roof pitch, gutters, shingles, doors, and foundations should match the design and materials used in the existing structure.
Submitting a Request
Before starting any exterior home improvement (fence, addition, etc.), send an email to email@example.com with the following information:
- Project description
- Project start date
- Digital or hand-drawn schematic